Bank Accounts Review
Compare Santander Current Accounts – read our review and compare the features and benefits available from Santander. Make an informed decision to find a Current Account that suits you.
Santander allows you to choose a current account that suits your lifestyle. Whether you prefer an account that provides an overdraft with 0% for an introductory period, or want to get the best returns from your money though high interest rates paid on your balance, Abbey has an account to match your needs.
Santander bank accounts offer a range of attractive feature, which include:
- Competitive rates of interest
- An extensive range of accounts designed to suit everybody
- 24 hour access to your current account using online or telephone Banking, or visit your local abbey branch.
- A simple and straightforward current account that helps make managing your money easy and convenient.
- 0% EAR (variable) overdraft rate.
- No Daily Arranged Overdraft Fees for the first 4 months when you switch to us (depending on circumstances. See representative example).
- After 4 months the Daily Arranged Overdraft Fee will be 50p per day capped at 20 days each monthly statement period (if you don't switch these Daily Arranged Overdraft Fees will start from when your account is opened.)
- Access to our dedicated Switcher Service - It is important that you feel confident about switching to us and what is involved. Click here for full details of our simple three-step process.
- Easy access to your account 24 hours a day with our internet and phone banking service. Plus you have access to over 1,300 Santander branches.
- No interest is paid on your balance.
- You must be aged over 18 and live permanently in the UK.
- The New 123 Current Account pays cashback on household direct debits
- 1% cashback on water and council tax
- 2% cashback on electricity and gas
- 3% cashback on mobile, home phone, broadband and paid for TV packages
- New 123 Current Account pays also pays in-credit interest
- 1% AER on the entire balance, once the customer’s balance is £1,000 or over
- 2% AER on the entire balance, once the customer’s balance is £2,000 or over
- 3% AER on the entire balance, once the customer’s balance is £3,000 or over (up to £20,000)
- You are required to pay £2 a month (equates to 6p per day)
- Your overdraft fee will be 19.9% EAR plus an unauthorised fee of £1 per day.
- Get a cheque book and a Visa Debit card. You can use your Visa Debit card in shops wherever you see the Visa symbol and at virtually every cash machine in the UK and many worldwide. It also acts as a £100 cheque guarantee card
- Access to your money 24 hours a day 7 days a week through our e-banking service, 750+ branches, 24-hour telephone banking service, LINK cash machine network or even by post
- You must setup a minimum of 2 active direct debits
- You must deposit at least £500 per month
- This account is open to NEW and EXISTING Santander customers aged 18 and above (must be UK resident)